2020 Training DatesSeptember
We are now taking bookings for the September online Group Leader Training. Register and pay here!
Watch a video here from Beccy, a Primary School Teacher talking about her experience of using our filmed resource as an alternative to live sessions.
How to trainThe Online Group Leader Training is delivered via zoom and consists of three, 3 hour sessions; one session per week for three weeks.
Attendance at all three sessions is mandatory to qualify for Part 1 of the Group Leader certificate.
Course outlineEvery session gives plenty of time to discuss and see how theory actually relates to our own settings and the children we work with.
Session 1 - Introduction, Attachment, Qualities of a Group Leader
- Attachment theory as it relates to Babywatching
- Considering how attachment affects how we learn
- The difference between genuine resilience and the ‘adapted’ child
- Considering presenting behaviours in the classroom
- Considering the qualities of a good Group Leader – PACE model
20 minutes of watching videos for home-study needed to prepare for Session 2.
Session 2 - Empathic Listening and Reflecting and Introduction of skills. How does Babywatching work?
- Introduction of core skills - empathic listening and reflecting within a Babywatching context.
- Use of Naming and the importance of this reflecting skill.
- Introduction to the Babywatching model.
- Delivery changes to manage post Covid 19
- Question Technique.
- Development of empathy in practice
20 minutes of watching videos for home-study needed to prepare for Session 3.
Session 3 - Getting started and problem solving
- Practicing Questioning technique
- Practicalities of starting a group
- Managing behaviours in a Babywatching session
- Post session resources
- Working virtually
- Using evaluations - SDQ’s and Altruism Measure
- The Importance of having a mentor
Feedback from previous face to face trainings!"A big thank you for today; I thoroughly enjoyed it and have left with lots of thoughts and ideas about how to undertake the next stage of Babywatching in our school."
"It was a very stimulating and exciting day and I am really looking forward to getting started."
"Congratulation on organising such an inspiring training day yesterday – it was fascinating to observe the interactions between both mothers and their babies."
"A delight! It was so positive to be among a group of teachers (by and large) who were buzzing with enthusiasm!"
A bespoke Group Leader Training can be arranged!
- Trainers can deliver a face to face or online training to your school, setting, group or to a group of schools in your area.
- Please get in touch to discuss a date and your setting requirements.